MP3's, SCRIPT, AND SHEET MUSIC
FOR SUMMER 2016 THEATER CAMP PRODUCTION
THE PRINCESS AND THE PAUPER
You can download the script as a pdf by clicking on the red text. Princess and the Pauper
We ask all campers to try to have the songs they will be singing in the play memorized by the time they begin camp. While everyone learns differently, we recommend that they hear the songs once a day ~4-5 days a week until they know them--though if they want to hear them more, that is wonderful. You may be surprised at how quickly they pick them up; others may take a fair amount of work.
These are downloadable as mp3's. We have CD's of these songs available by request. You can also listen to these songs here
The music you have is from a longer version of the show, so more than a few of the songs in our play are excerpts. Whenever there is a discrepancy between the recorded version of the song and the script, the script is correct for what we are doing this summer.
1) Overture Company, Rose, Rachel Introduction to the world of 1540's London, including the princess and the pauper
***We only sing the servant part at the end and the short Rose/Rachel duet; in that duet, there are a few lines cut.
3) What I Would Do Mother Sad song by Mother wishing she could do more for her
4) A Different Life Rachel, Rose The Princess and the Pauper talk about their different lives
***Rachel and Rose only sing the three lines at the end
5) She's Mad Ministers, Urchins, Servants Folks comment on the strange behavior they're seeing in the Princess and the Pauper
6) Rich / Poor Rachel, Rose The Princess and the Pauper remark on their new lives
7) Beggar's Creed Bridget Bridget teaches the Princess how to beg in the streets
8) Out There Alone Rose Short song by Rose being moved by the poverty she sees
9) England's Finest Knights Knights' song as they go about their training
10) England Shall Be Known King Henry VIII, Court (Ministers, Servants, Cook) King Henry shares what he wants to see in England
*** INTERMISSION ***
13) Virtue and Vice Ruffians, Valentina The Ruffians share what their lives are like in the forest
14) But You Turned Away / Forgive Me Reprise Mother, Rachel The Pauper's decision song
***Rachel sings a shorter version of her part, only the first third or so.
15) The Fox and the Hound Ruffians The play put on by the Ruffians (spoken word, not song)
16) All I Can Be Reprise Company Final (short) song in the play
*** BONUS TRACKS ***
We've included a bonus track as an mp3.: Mother English is just for fun. I doubt we'll have it in the play, but in case we do I wanted you to have access to it. Sometimes the kids enjoy it even if it's not in the production. the other two are (most likely) not.
18) Mother English Servants Silly song about the English language
Sheet music for the songs in the play. Please note:
- This sheet music is for the full versions of the songs; in the club, several of the songs have been shortened: A Different Life, Rich/Poor, Out There Alone, England's Finest, She's Mad Reprise, and Virtue and Vice.
- The sheet music is in a slightly different order than the mp3.s above
- There are several songs that we have sheet music for here that are not in the club performance, including Poor Manners, How To Succeed at Love, and The Truth Be Found