Script and Mp3.s of the songs for The Ramayana
Inspirations Theater Camp 2016
2- / 2.5-week camp--Vermont
---> note: this is not the script for the 2017 theater club <---
also, there are fewer songs in the theater club version,
and some have been shortened/modified.
Both the script and the mp3.s will be available online September 25.
You can access a pdf. of the Ramayana script here as well as download mp3.s of the songs for use on your devices.
*** These are intended for families registered for the 2016 Inspirations Theater Camp. If you are not part of the camps and would like to discuss renting the Ramayana for a community or school production, please contact Inspirations Camp Director Torsti Rovainen at email@example.com Rights to the script and songs for the Ramayana are held by Rovainen Musicals
Click on the red text to access a pdf. of the script.
(Boldfaced dialogue and songs are in both the Friday/Saturday production and the Thursday performance; lines and songs in plain text are only the Friday/Saturday production)
Ramayana Songs: Mp3.s
When first learning the songs it is easiest to have a script handy to see who sings which parts of each song.
1) The Ramayana Human Narrators, Demon Narrators, Grandmother; one line by Vibishina, Lakshmana, and Rama
2) Bazaar Song Ayodhyan Villagers [this song ties in immediately from the end of The Ramayana]
3) How To Be King Sumanthra, Dasaratha, Viswamithra, Court; one line by Rama
4) Lullaby Janaka
5) Then You'd Grow Janaka; one line by Sita
** Note: this was the one song we added orchestrations to this spring. We hope to have orchestrations for all the songs in the future.
6) You Should Marry Servants; a few lines by Sita
7) The Night Sita (Rama has two possible lines in this that aren't on this recording); [this song ties in immediately from the end of You Should Marry]
8) Love Just Makes Things Worse Lakshmana and Gang (Deepak, Ganesh, Pratosh, and Narayan); Sumanthra; one line by Rama
9) Beha Din Ayo Ayodhyan Villagers
10) He Promised You Manthara, Suchara, Kaikeyi
11) Na Jane Kausayla, Sumanthra, Viswamithra; Na Jane Chorus
12) Marry Me Surpanakha
13) Rakshasa City Fighting Rakshasa
14) You Need A Wife Demon Surpanakha, Ravana, Court; Vibishina might have 2 lines in this song
15) We Will Go On Sita, Rama, Lakshmana, Vibishina, Ravana Head #5
---> Intermission <---
16) I Am Hanuman Hanuman, Some Monkeys
17) Bodol Ysili Ma Monkeys, Hanuman
18) The Bodies of Their Slain (spoken word) Ravana's 10 heads
19) My Queen Ravana's 10 Heads
20) Your Time Will Soon Be Done Demon Tormentors
21) Should I Go? (Sita) Sita, Janaka
22) Right Now Hanuman [this song ties in immediately from the end of Should I Go? (Sita))
23) Bridge Song Hanuman, Monkeys, possibly Rama/Lakshmana
24) Should I Go? (Vibishina) Vibishina
25) War Song Lakshmana, Rama, Monkeys, Fighting Demons
26) Finale Rama, Lakshmana, Company (save Ravana)
These next five tracks are the individual voices for We Will Go On from the last half of the song. We've added these because some students will find it easiest to practice from these recordings. We do recommend them striving to sing with the five-part version (#15) as well to practice the timing of their entrances.