Volunteer Positions hillsboro, OR
Want to help enhance our campers' experiences, help our performances sparkle, and have fun doing it? We welcome parents / guardians to be part of camp in:
- short one-time volunteer positions
- longer positions over several days [variable hours; see below]
- spontaneous assistance when you stop by camp
Many hands make a show shine! Most volunteering is during the camp session itself, especially the last 3-4 days of camp & the performances, but you can also help before camp begins.
If you feel you have some skill, talent, or service to offer the camp that is not listed below, feel free to talk to us about your idea / proposal.
NOTE: for certain volunteers, if you are working directly with the children, and/or have potential times when you are the only adult present, you may be required to have a background check and/or attend a child abuse prevention training (~2-3 hours).
2-3 POSITIONS | 3-6 HOURS TOTAL--~1.5 hours before each performance; 1 hour before dress rehearsal
- 8:30 am – 9:30 am Friday June 26 (dress rehearsal)
- 5:45 – 7:00 pm Friday June 26 (evening performance)
- 12:45 pm – 2:00 pm Saturday June 27 (matinee performance
3-4 POSITIONS | VARIABLE HOURS 1 - 30
Assistants will do anything from gathering materials, sewing or altering, fitting the students, and potentially help backstage for one or more of the performances
- Worktimes are variable in focus and length.
*Backstage Dressing Room Assistant
4-6 POSITIONS, PERFORMANCE MAX | 3.5 HOURS
Help keep order and calm in backstage dressing room. For younger students be prepared to help with costume changes.
- 6:15 pm – 9:00 pm Friday June 26
- 1:30 pm – 4:00 pm Saturday June 27
- 9:00 am – 11:30 pm Friday June 26 (dress rehearsal)
6 OR MORE POSITIONS | 15-20 hours
Bring your orchestral talents to our show! Looking for strings, brass, woodwinds, and are open to creative instrumentation as well.
- Two 2-hour rehearsals without the kids. Times and dates not yet scheduled; likely Sunday afternoons July 12 & Sunday July 19; could be weekday evenings instead.
- Two 4-hour rehearsals with the kids / two performances:
- Thursday June 25 9:00 am – 1 pm
- Friday June 26 9:00 am – 1 pm
- Friday June 26 6:30 pm – 9:00 pm
- Saturday June 27 1:30 pm – 4:00 pm
Performance Usher / Greeter
4 POSITIONS, 2 PER PERFORMANCE | ~2 HOURS PER SHOW
Welcome guests to show; help seat those who need assistance; inform people in lobby when show is about to start; answer questions from patrons; help tidy theater after performance
- Friday June 26 6:15 pm – 9:00 pm
- Saturday June 27 1:15 pm – 4:00 pm
**Intermission concession coordinator
2 POSITIONS, 2 PERFORMANCES ~1 HOUR PER SHOW; +1-2 HOURS ORGANIZATIONAL WORK BEFORE SHOWS
Help solicit and gather food and drinks for concession table; Set up food and drinks before show; monitor table during intermission; help with clean-up.
- Friday June 26 6:30 pm – 7:00 pm, 8:00 pm – 8:30 pm
- Saturday June 27 1:30 pm – 2:00 pm, 3:00 – 3:30 pm
**Set Design / Building Coordinator
1 POSITION | 10-35 HOURS
Work with individuals and groups to help sets come together, Your team will be anything from one-time volunteers to our counselor interns to dedicated work-trade participants.
- June 15 – 24 Variable hours (need to be scheduled with your team; likely afternoons)
2-4 POSITIONS | 2-15 HOURS
Under direction of Camp Director and Set Coordinator, assist in building / painting sets for production.
June 15 – 24 Variable hours (will be scheduled by Set Coordinator; likely afternoons)
2-3 POSITIONS | 4-6 HOURS
Help gather or make properties for the show as guided by Camp Director or Assistant Director. Properties could include (fake) swords, knights' helmets, scrolls, cups for tables, etc.
- Variable dates; properties need to be gathered and ready ideally by June 17th and at latest by June 22nd
**Requires committing to the entire time listed
*Works most efficiently when someone commits to the entire time listed, but can work if we have multiple people performing the position at different times during camp. (splitting the position)
(No star) Works when people can give anywhere from one hour to the full amount, depending on the position