Returning families Camp Enrollment
** ENROLLMENT is open for our 2017 summer CAMPs
and vermont 14 - 22 year olds' production **
This page has the following, from top to bottom:
- A message from the Camp Director
- Links to info on camp
- A list of changes to camp in 2017 from previous years
- Information on returning families' contribution / tuition system
- A description of the 2-step enrollment process
- The enrollment form itself (links to medical forms & financial contribution form at very bottom of page)
Message from Inspirations Camp Director Torsti Rovainen for 2017 camps
We're excited to offer a fourth season of youth theater in Portland, Oregon and Chelsea, Vermont. This year we look forward to both our new faces and our returning children to join forces again to have fun, explore theater, and put on a dynamite end-of-term show.
We're appreciative of returning camp children and their families for the enthusiasm they bring to the camp, the warmth they bring to each other and the new camp children, and their knowledge of how our camps work--with these kids with us showing us how it's done, the new camp kids can easily jump right in.
We're also very happy that parents are choosing to place their kids in our trust at these camps for another season. The staff and I hope to create an atmosphere for as interesting, challenging, energetic, and fun a camp session as we're able.
Well wishes, and we'll look forward to seeing everyone soon!
Before enrolling, if you need to, please check the camp dates & times (links below),
the casting layout, and the show we are doing to make sure everything is a good fit.
Feel free to view the camp slideshows as well!
For Our 2017 Camps--Many things stay the same, and a few changes
After three camp seasons, we're honing in on what seems to work well for the kids, the camp, and the show. We will be continuing
- Our dedication to creating a full-length musical that is engaging and challenging
- A mixture of hard work and play, of dedicated rehearsal time and more low-key outbreath spaces
- Welcoming parents and other community to contribute their talents in art, music, set construction and other ways to make the camp and show shine all the brighter.
- For the Vermont camp and the Oregon 3-week camp, if the population dynamics play out, a youth production / performance on the last Thursday of camp held by our 8-11 year olds. While our lead parts will still go to those in the 12-14 age range (with a few potential exceptions for some 11-year olds), we have this experience/performance to highlight the talents of our younger campers. We will make the preliminary decision of whether this younger show is happening by April 30th, 2017.
- A Talent / Untalent Show midway through the final week of camp. This will be an afternoon show in-camp (parents and friends welcome to attend) where we get to unwind after a day of rehearsal for low-key, no-pressure fun. Campers will be able to bring a skit, song, magic act, or other fun to share at whatever talent level (hence the name) as we entertain each other.
We also wanted to let you know about some of the changes and updates for this year's camps.
- All camps going to a different, shorter day schedule. This year the camp experience for all camps save the high school one will be 9:00 am - 1:15 pm (in past years it has been 9:00 am - 3:30 pm). While we've enjoyed being with the kids in the afternoons and offering electives, and we know that for some parents this longer camp day is more convenient for work scheduling, we've found that the heart of our program--the theater work--occurs between 9:00 am and 1:15; and even for our students who would like theater for six hours, their energy goes down on these summer afternoons: it's hard to do focussed work.
A shorter day also brings a cost reduction both to the parents and to the camp, bringing a reduction in tuition levels. At the Oregon camps we will still offer aftercare at an additional cost, now from 1:15 - 3:30 pm
Vermont Ages 14 - 22 production runs 2:00 - 8:30 most days.
- Vermont younger camp age going back to its traditional range 8 - 14 (entering grades 3 - 9). Last year we invited back ~5 alumni campers who were older than this range.
- Ages 14-22 theater experience in Vermont. For the first time we will be offering a theater experience for those aged 14-22. Learn more about this camp experience here
Returning Families Tuition
This year we are asking returning families to pay within our recommended range of tuition for their camp experience (visit this link Tuition and Fees for more information on this year's rates). Having run this camp for three years now, we are now precisely aware of what it costs to run the camp in the way we do. We still have potential for a limited number of scholarships--for those who sincerely believe they aren't able to pay within the range we list but have a child or children who they feel could greatly benefit from this camp experience, scholarship conversations happen over the phone or in person.
Tuition is due in full either one week after registration occurs or on the first day of camp. Scholarship conversations and mutually agreed upon amounts need to be worked out within a month of registration.
The 2-Step enrollment Process
STEP 1: Check in with your child on their theatrical preferences (gender, and for older students, type of part sought for) for this coming year. Questions such as being asked to be considered for a lead role (Age 12-14), or which gender a child prefers or is open to for casting should be figured out, either with that child or within the family, before you enroll. We ask this because once we have your child's information and the casting is set, it is very challenging to rearrange things should your child's wishes be different than what came in the enrollment form.
STEP 2: Fill out the enrollment form below, using the 'Additional Comments' section if there are any small changes to your contact information / medical forms. If you have changed addresses, or there are more than just one or two other changes, we ask that you fill out a new full enrollment form here. [[This link goes to the form we're using for first-time families' enrollment, and will help you easily give us the information we need.]]
**Medical form updates--if the information on your medical & pick-up authorization are the same as previous years, you needn't fill out a new form. If there is a small change, you can email that to us; if insurance policies, addresses or such have changed, please fill out a new form.
Once these two steps have happened, and assuming the tuition agreement is in place, your child will be officially enrolled in Inspirations Camps.
*** MAY 20TH UPDATE: THE FIRST ROUND OF CASTING IS COMPLETE FOR ALL CAMPS. Students enrolling now will be cast in group and/or small individual parts.
Finally: RETURNING FAMILIES to our younger camps (ages 14 and under) GET TO GIVE ONe $75.00 TUITION CERTIFICATE TO A NEWLY ENROLLING FAMILY
When you enroll your child, we will send you via pdf. a $75.00 tuition deduction certificate that you can give to newly enrolling family of your choice, should you wish. It's a way of welcoming in new families while thanking our returning families for your continued patronage.
returning families Camp Enrollment Form
Required fields have a star* next to the words above the white boxes
If you have any questions about enrollment or the form below, please contact us at 503 - 895 - 4705 or firstname.lastname@example.org
(To our families enrolling multiple children, please bear with us with by filling out this form multiple times. We experimented with a few other models but they were either not space-efficient or involved a hornet's nest of sub-auxiliary clicks and bubble window pop-up pages; when it was all said and done, it seemed like it would actually take less time just to fill this out 2+ times than to go through all that)
** When filling out this form press 'Tab' or click on the next box to proceed; hitting 'return' will cause the form to submit prematurely.
Here is a link to the medical forms / photo release / pick-up authorization if you need to fill these out with new updated information
NOTE: IF THERE IS NO NEW INFORMATION FROM THE FORM YOU FILLED OUT FOR CAMP BEFORE, YOU NEED NOT FILL OUT A NEW MEDICAL FORM.
If you are filling out a new medical form, you can bring it with you on the first day of camp. We can not have children at camp who do not have a medical form on file.
Please click the button to the right to go to our financial page, which has an online payment link and information for paying by check. PLEASE DO NOT CLICK ON THIS BUTTON IF YOU ARE STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF FILLING OUT YOUR RE-ENROLLMENT ABOVE--you will lose everything that you've filled out. Only once you've seen the message "Enrollment has been received" at the bottom of where the enrollment form had been (black box with white lettering) you are safe to go.